Biotechnology is one of the new and most important research areas of the world for the 21st century. This discipline, which is of interest to a wide spectrum of people from basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, mathematics to engineering, covers the technological practices of the biological systems.
The TEKNOFEST Biotechnology Innovation Competition will be organized into two separate categories: the Project Category and Idea Category.
Teams are expected to prepare original projects in biotechnology and present their theory in the idea category. However, in the project category, teams are expected to transform their work in biotechnology area into a prototype product.
Subject of the Competition
- Medical Biotechnology (developing vaccines, drugs, adjuvants, implants, other medical treatment methods etc.)
- Animal Biotechnology (agricultural production, reproduction biology, transgenic organisms, veterinary health, biological control etc.)
- Microbial and Industrial Biotechnology (water treatment systems, process systems, enzyme synthesis etc.)
- Plant Biotechnology (plant production, plant diseases, pharmacognosy, GMO tools)
- Biomedical Engineering (development of medical device and part, device based diagnostic systems, clothing-protective equipment)
- Systems Biology (Artificial intelligence, artificial neural networks, bioinformatics processes)
Eligible Participant Education Levels for the Competition
- High School Students
- Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students and PhD Students
- Project Pre-Assessment Form
- Project Detail Report
Apart from the information given in the specification, for any questions you want to ask about the competition, you must be a member of the relevant mail group from the BIOTECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION COMPETITION GROUP link. The questions you will ask and the answers to these questions will be clear to the other members of the mailing group. Templates for the reports that competitors need to prepare will be announced on the TEKNOFEST website in the future.
Competition Application Deadline 28 FEBRUARY!
|Competition Application Deadline||28 February 2021|
|Project Pre-Evaluation Form Deadline||19 March 2021|
|Announcement of teams that have passed the preliminary qualification according to the results of the project Preliminary Evaluation Form||27 April 2021|
|Project Detail Report Deadline||14 June 2021|
|Disclosure of the results of the project Detail Report, the teams that are eligible for financial support and qualified for the final||09 July 2021|
|TEKNOFEST 2021||21-26 September 2021|
|12||Bio-Bey (Genç Biyonik Beyinler)|
|15||Gözde Büyüyen Tehlike|
|17||Marmara Üniv.Akustik MEMS Lab|
|20||VY Canis Majoris|
|1. ( Fikir Seviyesi )||Graphone|
|1. ( Proje Kategorisi )||Genom Avcıları|
|2. ( Fikir Seviyesi )||Cell Culture|
|2. ( Proje Kategorisi )||Robotex Therapy Marmara|
|3. ( Fikir Seviyesi )||Bombyx Mori|
|3. ( Proje Kategorisi )||Physio Tech|
BIOTECHNOLOGY INNOVATION COMPETITION AWARD AMOUNT
HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL
First: 12.000 ₺
Second: 7.000 ₺
Third: 4.000 ₺
UNIVERSITY AND ABOVE LEVEL
First: 15.000 ₺
Second: 10.000 ₺
Third: 5.000 ₺
UNIVERSITY AND ABOVE LEVEL
First: 17.000 ₺
Second: 12.000 ₺
Third: 7.000 ₺
TEKNOFEST 2021 Technology Competitions in 35 different categories will be held in Istanbul.
Technology Competition Project Detail Report Results have been Announced for the Technology For Humanity!
Technology Competition Preliminary Design Report Results have been Announced for the Technology For Humanity!
The necessary writing samples for TEKNOFEST 2020 competitions have been published.