Biotechnology is one of the new and most important research areas of the world for the 21st century. This discipline, which is of interest to a wide spectrum of people from basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, mathematics to engineering, covers the technological practices of the biological systems.
The TEKNOFEST Biotechnology Innovation Competition will be organized into two separate categories: the Project Category and Idea Category.
Teams are expected to prepare original projects in biotechnology and present their theory in the idea category. However, in the project category, teams are expected to transform their work in biotechnology area into a prototype product.
Subject of the Competition
- Medical Biotechnology (developing vaccines, drugs, adjuvants, implants, other medical treatment methods etc.)
- Animal Biotechnology (agricultural production, reproduction biology, transgenic organisms, veterinary health, biological control etc.)
- Microbial and Industrial Biotechnology (water treatment systems, process systems, enzyme synthesis etc.)
- Plant Biotechnology (plant production, plant diseases, pharmacognosy, GMO tools)
- Biomedical Engineering (development of medical device and part, device based diagnostic systems, clothing-protective equipment)
- Systems Biology (Artificial intelligence, artificial neural networks, bioinformatics processes)
Eligible Participant Education Levels for the Competition
- High School Students
- Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students and PhD Students
- Project Pre-Assessment Form
- Project Detail Report
Apart from the information given in the specification, for any questions you want to ask about the competition, you must be a member of the relevant mail group from the BIOTECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION COMPETITION GROUP link. The questions you will ask and the answers to these questions will be clear to the other members of the mailing group. Templates for the reports that competitors need to prepare will be announced on the TEKNOFEST website in the future.
Competition Application Deadline 15 MARCH!
|Competition Application Deadline||15.03.2021|
|Project Pre-Evaluation Form Deadline||24.03.2021|
|Announcement of teams that have passed the preliminary qualification according to the results of the project Preliminary Evaluation Form||28.04.2021|
|Project Detail Report Deadline||16.06.2021|
|Disclosure of the results of the project Detail Report, the teams that are eligible for financial support and qualified for the final||08.07.2021|
|TEKNOFEST 2021||21-26 September 2021|
|17||Marmara Üniv.Akustik MEMS Lab|
|20||VY Canis Majoris|
|12||Bio-Bey (Genç Biyonik Beyinler)|
|15||Gözde Büyüyen Tehlike|
|1. ( Idea Level )||Graphone|
|1. ( Project Category )||Genom Avcıları|
|2. ( Idea Level )||Cell Culture|
|2. ( Project Category )||Robotex Therapy Marmara|
|3. ( Idea Level )||Bombyx Mori|
|3. ( Project Category )||Physio Tech|
BIOTECHNOLOGY INNOVATION COMPETITION AWARD AMOUNT
HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL
First: 12.000 ₺
Second: 7.000 ₺
Third: 4.000 ₺
UNIVERSITY AND ABOVE LEVEL
First: 15.000 ₺
Second: 10.000 ₺
Third: 5.000 ₺
UNIVERSITY AND ABOVE LEVEL
First: 17.000 ₺
Second: 12.000 ₺
Third: 7.000 ₺
TEKNOFEST Technology Contests application deadline has been extended until March 15 due to high demand!
TEKNOFEST 2021 Technology Competitions in 35 different categories will be held in Istanbul.
Technology Competition Project Detail Report Results have been Announced for the Technology For Humanity!
Technology Competition Preliminary Design Report Results have been Announced for the Technology For Humanity!